Platelet-rich plasma is one of the primary components of the human blood (red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and plasma). It’s a concentrated component with a high volume of nutrients and protein growth factors, i.e., the components responsible for most of your body’s natural growth and healing processes. During PRP therapy, the platelet-rich plasma is isolated from a small sample of your blood and injected into the targeted areas to encourage healing.
PRP for Skin & Hair
What does PRP for skin treat?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity and sagging
- Drooping mouth corners
- Drooping eyelids
- Puffiness under the eyes
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Loss of facial volume
- Dullness of the skin
- Textural irregularities
The Benefits of PRP for Skin & Hair
- Non-surgical treatment — no incisions, scars, scalpels, or anesthesia.
- No pain or discomfort during or after the treatment.
- The ProGen PRP system ensures maximum safety and flexibility.
- Each treatment plan is customized according to your needs.
- Produces natural results.
- Concludes within 30 minutes with no post-treatment recovery.
- Minimal post-treatment side effects, such as redness and swelling.
Your PRP Treatment Experience
Your PRP treatment at Prejuvenation Aesthetics starts with a thorough evaluation and consultation with our exceptional cosmetic provider, Shannon Synoracki. She carefully examines your facial skin and hair, discusses your goals, reviews your medical history, and curates the ideal PRP treatment plan. She may also provide pre-treatment instructions, such as stopping Aspirin and other medications 7 days before the treatment.
- A small sample of your blood is drawn from your arm using the ProGen PRP system.
- The vial of blood is purified in a centrifuge to isolate the PRPs.
- A numbing gel is applied to the targeted treatment areas on your skin or scalp.
- The injection points are carefully marked to ensure complete precision.
- The PRP is carefully injected into the targeted areas using ultrafine needles.
You may experience mild redness, swelling, discomfort, irritation, and itching around the treatment areas for a few hours or days. The pain and discomfort can be managed with over-the-counter pain medications. You can resume all your daily activities immediately, but you should avoid physical exercise for up to 72 hours after the treatment.
You’ll start noticing the results 3 to 4 weeks after the treatment, with continued improvement for several weeks or months. Most patients need 2 to 3 treatments spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart for optimal results. However, everyone is given different recommendations based on their unique needs. Your cosmetic provider will curate the ideal treatment frequency for your specific needs.